MEPF Manager (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire)
Descripcion de Trabajo
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The MEP Manager will assist to develop strategic, best practise, buildable and economical technical design solutions and will provide focus on program, budget, compliance and change management to ensure the project is controlled and on track from an MEPF perspective.
This proposed role is an important one that will be based on the Project, play a key part within the construction and project management function for the IKEA CDMX Project and other Ikano Retail Mexico projects where requested. The right candidate will be expected to have a very good technical knowledge of MEPF systems, have managed project teams and delivered the MEPF process from design through to execution and commissioning on site.
- Support, monitor and control the execution of the Building Services works for the CDMX Store and interfacing with developer and services where required.
- Ensure compliance to design requirements including risk interfacing is achieved and not compromising on quality and compliance.
- Promote economical and strong life cycle technical design solutions
- Input into statutory practices and approvals, particularly in relation to the alternative fire design solutions
- Provide input on quality assurance throughout the project
- To assist in developing best practice technical design solutions and provide input into technical design manuals when requested to support our expansion projects and mitigate risks
- Lead and control the quality, cost and program for the MEP services installation for IKEA CDMX project.
- Oversee the procurement of MEP packages (via developer) is designed and implemented correctly and in line with IKEA requirements.
- Lead and drive the implementation of building services within the CDMX project against the planned programme and within the quality and cost constraints.
- Lead the technical direction into the CDMX development, design, and building systems integration to ensure compliance to IKEA requirements through the many design and risk manuals.
- Lead the review where technical design deficiencies are occurring and assist in the implementation of effective solution.
- Lead the technical direction of the MEP interfacing between base build and developers areas of the project and control the implementation and associated interfacing required.
- Lead and implementation the provisions for the change management process of any provisions through the Project Management Consultant and Establishment Project Manager.
- Lead and coordinated with IKANO risk organisation to ensure compliance is achieved to risk manual, local codes, insurers and other relevant documentation and requirements
- The procurement of relevant nominated sub-suppliers from an IKEA Mexico perspective; ensuring packages are well prepared, connected to the whole project and other disciplines, align with the programme and the tender process is managed in a timely, diligent and compliant manner (both corporately and compliance to Manuals).
- Support the CDMX project team to maintain an economical and value engineered technical and buildable design solution whilst ensuring longevity, particularly in the plant and equipment whilst balancing the operational costs. This area of support may be requested for other projects from time to time by the Construction Manager or his delegate.
- Support with the construction and technical design teams to develop a suite of key performance indictors to manage and control time, quality and cost
- Support future projects by providing input into the technical consultant RFP documentation to ensure clear and delineated scopes of works for building services and support in monitoring, reviewing and ensuring compliance is achieved against Ikano Retail Mexico requirements
- Minimum 15 years construction and development, primarily in a building services (mechanical, electrical and fire) with a good technical capacity
- Demonstrates operating in different geographical environments for across various client, consultant or contractor backgrounds
- Relevant experience in large scale commercial developments, ideally with relevant retail and/or IKEA experience
- English and Spanish as an excellent fluent business language (spoken and written)
- Demonstrate experience in good HSE practices and ensure these are implemented through design and construction
- Experienced in modern Mexican construction methodology and plant performance.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Experience with new sustainability initiatives and environmental good practices.
- Capability to mentor, coach and develop staff.
- Immediately identifies problems and potential risks and looks to develop solutions.
- Ability to solve problems and introduce innovation.
- Able to work off their own initiative; determined and self-motivated.
- Lead by example.
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply via IKEA smartrecruiters sending your resume in English: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ikeamexico